Spring 10K Clinic, 2016
- Date: Feb 04, 2016
- Time: 6:30 pm
- Organizer: Nancy Patterson
- Price: $125.00
Performance Programs 2016 Spring 10km Clinic
Training for the Times Colonist 10K April 24, 2016, and the Oceanside 10k
A 12 Week Program Starting Thursday February 4, 2016
$125 includes a technical running shirt
Designed for Intermediate Runners
Contact email@example.com for more information
Registration forms available at Frontrunners. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
What can you expect from this clinic?
- Thursday night coached workouts – start time (ready to run) is 6:30 pm.
- Mapped routes for coach-led Sunday morning runs. Directions and map will be distributed by email each Friday. Start time on Sundays is 8:30 am.
- Skills, drills, and tips shared by coaches prior to and during coach-led runs.
- Stretching after each run.
- Informative guest speakers will be presenting on a number of topics.
- Email access to coaches to answer questions throughout the clinic duration.
- Schedules will be emailed to the group prior to each 4-week training block.
- A timed 5km Time Trial will be held on March 13, 2016 to monitor progress and practice race preparation.
- This clinic is designed for intermediate runners with some previous racing experience. Ideally participants will have completed a 5K or 10K run and are
- currently looking to renew their interest in running and/or improve their 10K running time.
- Participants should start the clinic able to comfortably run continuously for 30-40 minutes.
- Participants are responsible for ensuring they are medically able to participate in this clinic. Please consult your physician if in doubt.
Nancy Patterson has competed in numerous road races and triathlons of various distances. Her accomplishments include completing the Boston marathon and division awards in half-marathon and triathlon. She has led running groups for 6 years and is focused on challenging participants while ensuring they reach their objectives and minimize injury. With a balanced approach between working hard and having fun, she enjoys encouraging runners to meet and exceed their expectations.
Dave Patterson is a long time runner and has used a variety of training programs to prepare for, and compete in, races ranging in distance from 5k to full marathons. His accomplishments include qualifying for both the Boston and New York marathons and winning age group division medals in Olympic, Half Ironman, and Ironman distance triathlons. Dave is looking forward to sharing the knowledge and experience he has gained from running with other runners.